The Career Services Department at IME has been created to assist you in your job search. Below is a brief description of some of the services offered:
- Resume/Cover Letter Writing Assistance may be obtained by emailing drafts to: Catherine@imededu.com. Before submitting your draft, please view the link to the left on “Resume Writing”. After submission, you will receive detailed feedback/suggestions as soon as possible.
- On this page you will find links to various resources to prepare you for your job search. Additional Educational Flyers are located outside of Student Services include: “Interview Guidelines,” “Completing a Job Application,” “Job Search Strategies,” & “How to Work a Job Fair.” Please feel free to grab these and use them as resources!
- A Job Postings Board is located outside Student Services. This job board is updated bi-monthly with employment or volunteer positions within the healthcare field that would allow you to get your foot in the door before you obtain an externship or graduate. Career Services strongly encourages you to do some volunteer work to add experience to your resume.
- A frequently updated Job Postings Binder is held at the Career Services Office. For students who are almost done with their classes/externship and are ready to launch their new career, this binder is one source of job announcements you can browse through. The Career Services Coordinator will be working with medical facilities to provide students with possible employment locations.
- Twice a year Career Services will hold a Job Fair. This is an excellent opportunity to meet employers who are looking to recruit students and recent graduates. Flyers will be posted around campus notifying you of the next Job Fair. Please obtain a flyer on “How to Work a Job Fair” before the event to prepare.
- Mock Interviews are available by appointment. If you’ve been invited for an interview, or simply want to brush up on your skills and learn how to answer difficult questions, you can schedule an appointment with the Career Services Coordinator to practice. Practice is VERY important!
- General Career Development counseling is available by appointment.
To schedule an appointment with the Career Services Coordinator, please email to Catherine@imededu.com with your full name, a brief description of the services you need, & your availability. Please note that requests will be granted in the order in which they are received so please plan ahead.
Career Services Department
Institute of Medical Education
130 S. Almaden Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95113
P. 408.534.0714, Ext.103